Eye Animatronic // Adafruit ServoShield

Hello Community,

i want to control an 3d-printed eye animatronic with an arduino. Every mechanical element is ready and working. This is my first big arduino project, so be gentle with me ;) I purchased an arduino uno and the adafruit 16 channel servo shield. The servo shield is working - running the "Servo" example code from adafruit.

Now i want to set up a code with the following function:

I need to control 4 servos. Servo1: Eyeball movement: left/right Servo2: Eyeball movement: up/down Servo3: Upper Eyelid Servo4: Lower Eyelid

How do i start the code, when i`m working with the servo-shield on top of the arduino-uno? So i think, first i need to define servoMIN and servoMAX for all the servos , like in the example

Then Servo1 and Servo 2 should do some randomized movements with delays between the movements

Servo 3 and Servo 4 should do the "blinking" so they just move between 2 positions, but also with a random element. for example: The eyes are blinking every 6 to 20 seconds. But in order to the position in the eye mechanic of these servos, servo 4 should do the "negative" movement of servo 3.

Can anybody help me, getting this started? This would be fantastic! Many thanks, Roman

How do i start the code, when i`m working with the servo-shield on top of the arduino-uno?

Exactly the same way you did with the example.

So i think, first i need to define servoMIN and servoMAX for all the servos , like in the example

Probably.

Then Servo1 and Servo 2 should do some randomized movements with delays between the movements

If those are your requirements...

Can anybody help me, getting this started?

If you can make one servo move, extending that to 4 servos, one at a time, is trivial.

What is more challenging is to get them all moving together. For that, you need some real requirements. All you have now is vague hand-waving.