EZ-Link break out problem.

Hello, I keep getting this error "not in sync: resp=0x00" when I try to upload sketch to a arduino nano. I followed this tutorial Arduino Programming | Introducing Bluefruit EZ-Link Breakout | Adafruit Learning System and double checked the wiring, everything seems to be fine, and I use Mac to connect it it says connected, and in the IDE tool menu, I make sure I chose Arduino Nano, for the port I chose HHW-UART-S10. What else could be wrong? Thanks

(deleted)

"old bootload option in the chip menu"? what and where is that? Do you mean Tools-->processor? In that I have ATmega328P selected which works perfectly fine when use the USB cable.

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
OK - you did install the correct capacitor in the correct orientation on the correct pin?

Yes I installed a 1 uf cap as instructed in the tutorial with + goes to RST on the Arduino. I also tried to reverse it, the still the same error.

BTW, I got the EZ-Link a year or so ago. I have never been able to get it to work.
I also tried to upload on a Windows 10 machine, but with the same error with a different address 0x59. What might couse this "not in sync: resp=0xXX" problem any way

(deleted)

Yes, when I used the clumsy USB cable, I have no issue uploading at all.
I have two EZ-link break outs and 2 EZ-Link shields for Uno. only one shield works.
There are many questions online regarding this issue - “not in sync: resp=0xXX”, but the more I read the more confuse I get, what exactly causes this any way, the EZ-Link? Have anyone else had success using it?

What are the RX and TX lights on the Arduino UNO doing during the upload process?

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
As the Rx and Tx LEDs are controlled by the 16u2, probably nothing.

Oops! You're right. Ignore that request (unless the EZ-Link has RX and TX lights)