Fake Arduino Micro?

Hi there, I got an Arduino from RobotShop but the Arduino came in a different colour scheme so I think it might be fake. :o :o :o

Here's what it looks like: Arduino Micro USB Microcontroller - RobotShop

Here's what it's supposed to look like: Arduino Micro — Arduino Online Shop

Here's what I got: Fake Arduino? - Album on Imgur

I'm sorry for not supporting the foundation but the shipping was much too expensive.

It looks real to me?

I buy clones 100% of the time, and periodically donate to Arduino to make up for it (despite being less than impressed with the Arduino team recently...)

It looks real to me as well.
According to the photos, the quality is good. The clones/fake boards don't put that much effort in good quality.

Hi there!

Jp from RobotShop here :slight_smile:

First, thanks for shopping at our store! We're happy to count you among our customers :slight_smile:

Second, I can assure you that we don't sell any "fake" products or counterfeited/deceiving products. And that the product you ordered and received is an Arduino Micro.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to contact us through our Support Center. Our agents will be delighted to help you out!

Have a great day,

Thanks for supporting the Arduino project TauPiPhi, DrAzzy, and jprobotshop!

pert:
Thanks for supporting the Arduino project TauPiPhi, DrAzzy, and jprobotshop!

I salve my conscience on the basis of my original purchase of an official Arduino starter kit. I did, however, get bored with it quite quickly and moved on. But I guess the hours that I spend contributing to this forum (considering my hourly charge out rate when I was still working) make the cost of all that quite insignificant in comparison :slight_smile:

Exactly. There are many ways to contribute. Although important, money is only one of them. I'll admit to mostly owning clones and lately just buying bare chips since I already have enough dev boards for testing and prototyping. However, even though my time isn't worth much, I still think the hours I've volunteered is worth the profit from a few Arduino boards. It's great that there are opportunities for just about anyone to help out in some way. With so many people in this community it really adds up to something amazing!