Fastest DAC Transmission Possible

MarkT:
Well I found the datasheet: https://www.scannermax.com/pdf/C506.pdf

Some pretty potty choices of units there, but basically
its torque constant is 1.84 mN/A and MoI unloaded is 1.4x10^-9 kg m^2, which
indicates a few kHz as the frequency roll off point

Given the response is in the audio range, Why not try 16kSPS with an SPI DAC using DDS generation?
Or even a DDS module?

I thought you are wondering the servo driver datasheet. Because we are not trying to drive the galvos alone. I don't know why not to try, I'm actually an astrophysicist who is new in this field. That is why I'm gathering opinions here. To learn to look where. I'll search the options that you said. Thank you!

Roughly, using SPI 16-bits DAC you may get using common arduino UNO board :

1. words sampling rate about 50 ksps (~50% load to uCPU, leaving some time to other task).
  2. 50 k / 256 samles -period = 195 Hz.

Options:
1.Take arduino DUE, that is able to drive 2 internal 12-bits DAC at 1.68 MHz, and consequently provide 1.68M / 256 = 6562.5 Hz.
2. Arduino-style board stm32L476-nucleo or stm32F446re-nucleo are capable to speed up internal dac to 10M in 8-bits mode, and 4.5M in 12-bits

I still don't understand why I share that information but, it should be 0.01 degrees for the servo motor. I'm pretty sure it still means nothing to you.

A galvanometer is not a servo motor. Do you actually understand what it is that you are working with?

However, if a galvo were to swing 40 degrees with 0.01 degrees resolution, then you need much better than 1 part in 4000 DAC resolution. Someone with the most basic math capabilities would have immediately realized that this is not achievable with a 12 bit DAC.

I'm actually an astrophysicist who is new in this field.

Not an experimentalist, then. That explains a lot.

Good luck with your project!

jremington:
A galvanometer is not a servo motor. Do you actually understand what it is that you are working with?
Someone with the most basic math capabilities would have immediately realized that this is not achievable with a 12 bit DAC

We are working with servo driver like as the company says in their manual. Maybe you should tell them they are wrong about it.

Also, I have a decent amount of math since I've studied general relativity. But like someone with the basic intelligence capabilities would have immediately realized that too, if you don't know the formula you can't calculate it.

I'm here to ask questions with a kind attitude but really didn't understand why so rude answers came in. If you don't want to teach people what you know, then just skip that topic. Please.

Also, we have found a way a practical solution than suggested here. Thank you for your replies.

Flexar:
I don't understand the rude replies

Flexar:
didn't understand why so rude answers came in.

There have been no rude replies in this thread (yet).

There are members here who are rude even when they're trying to be polite, and some who seem to go out of their way to be rude on purpose. None of them has replied here.

All you have here so far is people who would really like to help, asking for a little clarity before they put in any effort.

FYI, an arduino DUE can easily output 1 KHz sin wave on one of its DACs with 512 samples per period. In such a case, you would have to select a 512 * 1000 = 512000 Hz output sample frequency.

Note that some additionnal hardware is necessary to output a sin wave in the full range 0V <->3.3V.

ard_newbie:
FYI, an arduino DUE can easily output 1 KHz sin wave on one of its DACs with 512 samples per period. In such a case, you would have to select a 512 * 1000 = 512000 Hz output sample frequency.

Note that some additionnal hardware is necessary to output a sin wave in the full range 0V <->3.3V.

Thank you for your reply. I’ll definitely try Arduino DUE.