Fastest way to communicate using Serial connection and Labview

Hi,

let me quickly describe what the situation is:

Over a few seconds an array of integers is filled up with 8000 elements. After the acquisition period we want to read out this array via a serial connection to LabView.

What is the most efficient way to send the data on the Arduino side (Convert to String Array or concatenate the Array of Strings to a single string for example)? We already use a Baud Rate of 115200.

On the other hand we have already established communication with the Arduino Due in Labview2009. What is the fastest way here to receive the data?

We plan to use the Arduino to speed up an existing controller that transfers this amount of data in roughly a second. I would be very surprised if one could not speed up this task.

Thanks,

Julian

Without seeing your Arduino program it is hard to comment.

What Arduino are you using that has space for 8000 elements?

Have you tried 500,000 baud?

...R

are the integers 16 bit or 32bit?
in any case transfer the values in binary - two bytes for 16bit 4 bytes for 32 bit
at 115200baud you can transfer approx 11000 bytes/second
could you increase the baud rate, e.g. I have used dsPIC microcontrollers running at 921000baud

an alternative would be to transmit the data over Ethernet - I have used this with Matlab

horace:
e.g. I have used dsPIC microcontrollers running at 921000baud

Atmega microprocessors work nicely at 500,000 baud and 1,000,000 baud - why mention complicated speeds ?

...R

Use the Due Native USB port. The baud rate setting does not limit transfer speed.

gdsports:
Use the Due Native USB port. The baud rate setting does not limit transfer speed.

Good point. I had missed the fact that the OP is using a DUE.

...R

I would be very surprised if one could not speed up this task.

If you are converting the ints to strings to send, I'd be very surprised if you could speed up the task.