Feasibility/Guidance: LCD GUI

Hello, I am looking for advice on the feasibility on using an LCD screen with an Arduino to run a program with a QT GUI. The screen will lay right on top of the board. I have worked with a Mega for a couple of projects, but never with an LCD.

I saw this project,

and I was impressed. The display is more advanced than the single crystal displays Ive seen elsewhere for Arduino.

I was looking at the Beagle and Pi too. Are they better options?

Are they better options?

For what ? the controller or the display ?
What's wrong with the one you linked ?
I don't want to sound harsh , but really ? "better" ? Isn't that just a bit vague ?
Do you think you could list your project criteria in a more specific manner. like something that vaguely resembles a specification
like RESOLUTION, SIZE, POWER CONSUMPTION, geez, I could go on and on...but "better" ? Please, give me a break...

Isn't QT a pc product? How could it run on an Arduino?

...R

http://qt-project.org/

@raschemmel, mine was a rhetorical question :slight_smile:

I have dabbled with QT in the past.

...R

Ok. then how about this:
I GOT MY STEPPER MOTORS YESTERDAY ! YIPPEE.
(now just waiting for Mr. Driver)

raschemmel:
Ok. then how about this:
I GOT MY STEPPER MOTORS YESTERDAY ! YIPPEE.
(now just waiting for Mr. Driver)

I think this is called hiacking the OPs thread with irrelevant stuff. :slight_smile:

Start your own Thread and we will follow with interest.

...R

Not exactly, just borrowing, but this thread is going nowhere fast anyway so it's no great loss.

I would like to have a slicker looking GUI on the display in addition to 3D capability. I dont think using openGL is possible on an Arduino. I want to be able to change the display from one kind of gauge to another. For example, odometer to map. Theres a lot of them and having a IDE like Qt or VS would make setup much easier.

I get the impression the project would be easier to setup on the BBB or Pi, but I thought I would see what the Arduino folks thought too.