Feature request: Printable Threads

Hi everyone!

Sometimes I'd like to print a thread so I can read it while sitting in the sun (AFK). Especially because I strongly prefer working with paper when I read code.

Have a great day!

Gregor

How does what the Print button currently does differ from what you want?

PaulS: How does what the Print button currently does differ from what you want?

The output looks ugly, e. g. I don't need the member info on the left. Just try "file/preview" and compare that to what you get at Wikipedia when you select "printable version" there.

Have fun,

Gregor

View the wap2 version. Just add “;wap2” to the end of a thread. It is very minimalized.

Here is this thread: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=427797.0;wap2

As for code, it would be best to grab yourself a copy of Notepad++ or other simple editor and paste the code in there for printing. It is what I prefer anyway.

pYro_65: View the wap2 version. Just add ";wap2" to the end of a thread. It is very minimalized.

Perfect, thanks!

Gregor

The output looks ugly

So, you want a "pretty printable thread", not just a "printable thread" (which you already have). For some definition of pretty. I'm not holding my breath, because your definition of pretty and mine are certain to be incompatible.

PaulS:
So, you want a “pretty printable thread”, not just a “printable thread” (which you already have). For some definition of pretty. I’m not holding my breath, because your definition of pretty and mine are certain to be incompatible.

Do you really think this is something pretty enough to read and work with?! Especially the code?! Well …

Regards,

Gregor