Feel stupid asking .... How can you insert/use 'tab' characters in forum posts?

I've tried a few different guesses, but I can't see to be able to write any posts where a Tab can be used to assist in formatting.

A simple "Press the Tab Key" doesn't work within the text box, the browser just shifts focus to the next element.

I know the forum supports them, as you can paste text with tabs intact, but I'd like to be able to use them without having to copy a blank tab space.

(i've tried various ways of using a \t wrapped in various format things, but to no avail.)

Trying to search on the forum just sends you to LOTS of code samples for sending a /t over serial or whatever. (NOT what I'm wanting help with)

What behavior would you expect Tab to do here? Just curious. I would only expect it to change Focus among the different boxes or buttons.

CrossRoads: What behavior would you expect Tab to do here? Just curious. I would only expect it to change Focus among the different boxes or buttons.

I would like to move the cursor forward to the next set point along a path of evenly spaced points.

Just like when you use tab on a word processor.

And While I'm asking basic questions, does this forum not have a WYSIWYG editor? I thought I remembered using one here a long time ago.

Using tab on websites has always been erratic and not just this one. As CrossRoads said usually they just change the focus point.

However you could always use the PREVIEW option to see if things are lining up as you expect whilst working on a draft copy of a post.

There is also the INSERT TABLE option too.

However you could always use the PREVIEW option to see if things are lining up as you expect whilst working on a draft copy of a post.