Female Headers? Right ones?

I want to buy some female headers to put wires in like the arduino has you know? Well I found some but I don't now if these ones will actually hold a wire like the arduino headers do.

What'd you find?

I know these work

CrossRoads:
What'd you find?

I know these work
Pololu - Pages Matching "female header"

damnit i forgot to post the link here: 40-pin 1-row 0.1” PCB Female Machined Round Header - dipmicro electronics

40-pin 1-row 0.1” PCB Female Machined Round Header - dipmicro electronics

those will work OK for wires, but not for the square-pin connectors popular on assorted devices...

@polishdude, what you posted works great for ICs and inserting legs of Rs, Cs, Diodes into.
Not so good for wires. The pololu headers work much better for that.
Like here
I have 6 pin female headers on the promini, and 10-pin female headers on my LED CCAs.

I use a wirewrap version of those for building with, gives more pin to connect to on the bottom of the board.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=SIP20L

shorter pins are also available

CrossRoads:
@polishdude, what you posted works great for ICs and inserting legs of Rs, Cs, Diodes into.
Not so good for wires. The pololu headers work much better for that.
Like here
I have 6 pin female headers on the promini, and 10-pin female headers on my LED CCAs.

meh I already bought the circle ones so Ill see how they work, and I need something that can be split into pieces

That's fine, but it can be difficult to stuff wire in the hole. The smaller gage copper wire that will fit is too bendy. Try holding the wire close to the connector with needle nose pliers and pressing it in slow.

Or stuff in leads cut off from trimming resistors, LEDs, and solder the wire to the leads.

CrossRoads:
That's fine, but it can be difficult to stuff wire in the hole. The smaller gage copper wire that will fit is too bendy. Try holding the wire close to the connector with needle nose pliers and pressing it in slow.

Or stuff in leads cut off from trimming resistors, LEDs, and solder the wire to the leads.

This works awesome :slight_smile: