Fermat's Last Theorem

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if David X. Cohen's Fermat Near Miss program would be compatible with arduino.

It is a C program, and arduino programming is essentially C ?

http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/15.12/Fermat_Near-Miss_Finders.txt

Yes, it is C. But the floating point precision is much less on the Arduino than on a typical PC. That might be a problem.

How can I run on a PC with windows OS ?

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

I like Code::Blocks, free.

encrypted_toast:
How can I run on a PC with windows OS ?

You can't. There isn't room enough on top of the case.

aarg:

With the old, horizontal style, you could probably run in place, or do like, zumba or something.

what about a 32 bit native CPU? windoz excel used to do 14 decimal places, not sure what it does now.

what is the precision of the Teensy, or the DUE or TRE ?

I thought that problem had been solved?

Try something new.

...R

aarg:

ChrisTenone:
With the old, horizontal style, you could probably run in place, or do like, zumba or something.

I think that PaulS and my-self are not the only ones that mocking people in here... lol
I'm just waiting for his quote lol ...

rmartins:
I think that PaulS and my-self are not the only ones that mocking people in here... lol
I'm just waiting for his quote lol ...

I don't think we are mocking anybody. Arduinoing more fun if served with a bit of humor.

ChrisTenone:
I don't think we are mocking anybody. Arduinoing more fun if served with a bit of humor.

You are right buddy ! My mistake ! :wink:

Sarcasm is wasted on the young.

The code runs on a Teensy3.2. The T3.2 has emulated 64-bit double floating point which of course means it is slow.
The code won't work if you change all "float" to "double".

Pete

dave-in-nj:
Sarcasm is wasted on the young.

No, I got the sarcasm cos he put the smilie in. Us kidz like there to be some explanatory icons mixd in w/the word things.

ChrisTenone:
No, I got the sarcasm cos he put the smilie in. Us kidz like there to be some explanatory icons mixd in w/the word things.

Like, ya-know, :sunglasses: right ! :grinning:

word :expressionless: