FIFO Overflow for MPU6050

Hey everyone,

My group and I are using an MPU6050 accelerometer/gyroscope with the Arduino Uno board. However, we get a FIFO overflow error when we upload our program to the board. We tried changing the TWBR to 6, 12, 24, and 36. None of these worked. We were wondering if there are any other possible suggestions on how to approach this issue. There are plenty of people that have asked this same question, but none of the responses they got have worked for us.

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks!

• Alex

Use the newest and official i2cdevlib library. There are many copies on the internet. This is the github of i2cdevlib : https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/tree/master/Arduino

It often means that the interrupt signal is not working. Perhaps the 3.3V signal is not recognized by a 5V Arduino board. Or perhaps you have a Arduino Leonardo, and use the wrong pin or the wrong code for the interrupt. Or something is added to sketch that uses delays, start with the 'dmp' example.

Hii.. If you are facing such a problem with the code , you can try running the I2C scanner code for arduino.

Then, if you are getting the right address for your module, you can try using MPU-6000 Arduino code which is a smiliar module to the one you are using. I think this would not show the same error.