File handling.

I was just wondering what the arduino unos file handling capabilities are. I have some code in python that is operating a camera and writing to a file if it sees a certain color. I have my arduino controlling an rc car and i was hoping that the arduino would be able to read from that file. (So the car can react properly to seeing that color)

I have some code in python that is operating a camera and writing to a file if it sees a certain color.

Writing to a file where? On the PC?

I have my arduino controlling an rc car and i was hoping that the arduino would be able to read from that file.

It can't read from a file on anything other than an SD card on a SD card reader shield.

Why not make Python write to the serial port that the Arduino is listening to, and skip the file?

Writing to a file where? On the PC?

Yes, sorry, on the PC.

Why not make Python write to the serial port that the Arduino is listening to, and skip the file?

I think thats what i'll try now, I just thought if using a file worked, it might be easier to get running. Thanks.

How is the Arduino connected to the PC? And, what operating system is the PC running?