FILE(S) TO THE ARDUINO

HI,

When I create a new project / sketch and Compile it, I get a lot of files.

I wonder - which one of all these files are the one that is transfered to the Arduino Board when I want to run and test the code. ? (use the SHIFT-U keys).

Kris - Norway

the .hex file

Thanks a lot .

KRIS

OH, sorry I forgot someting !

I have 3 hex-files ( aa.hex, bb.hex, cc.hex) . Now I want to upload the aa.hex file to the Ard. board.

The only way I know (till now) is to fetch the aa.sketch // compile it an then transfer it (CTRL U -keys).

I find this a waste of time and ressources, as the aa.hex file is already existing, so I think there must be a way to transfer the aa.hex file to the Ard. board as a "pure" hex-file.

So my question:

Is there a way to do it WITH the Arduino Environment and WITHOUT the Ard. Envrnm. ?

KRIS

Is there a way to do it WITH the Arduino Environment and WITHOUT the Ard. Envrnm. ?

You already know how to do it with the IDE. The IDE (logically) assumes that the hex file needs to be rebuilt.

You can do it without the IDE. Use File + Preferences to set verbose mode for both compile and upload. You can see the avrdude command that uploads the file. Simply copy and paste that command into a command prompt window and execute it.

HI,

Thanks a lot.

You've done a great job.

And the best way is not to do it BUT TO SHOW HOW to do it. And so you have. A great, great thank(s).

Kris Norway.