File transfer between two Arduino using the ESP 8266 shield or NRF8001

Hello everyone!

I want to make a project in which I have two (or more) Arduino, each one has an ESP8266 Wifi Shield connected with it. I want one Arduino to send a file to the other one through the shield. Is it possible? Some reference material, or tutorial, or some useful information would be very appreciated.

Or another possibility is to use an NRF8001 with the Arduino (instead of the ESP8266). Will that be possible? Some reference for that as well will be very appreciated.

Can you help me compare which technology (BLE or Wifi) would be more suitable to transfer files to and from Arduino (any files, usually text files, but they can be of some other format as well).

The files which the this "transmitting and recieving modules" recieve will come to another arduino wired with it. Same for transmitting purpose, the file to transmit will come from another arduino wired with it.

the_arduino_fan: Hello everyone!

I want to make a project in which I have two (or more) Arduino, each one has an ESP8266 Wifi Shield connected with it. I want one Arduino to send a file to the other one through the shield. Is it possible? Some reference material, or tutorial, or some useful information would be very appreciated.

Or another possibility is to use an NRF8001 with the Arduino (instead of the ESP8266). Will that be possible? Some reference for that as well will be very appreciated.

Can you help me compare which technology (BLE or Wifi) would be more suitable to transfer files to and from Arduino (any files, usually text files, but they can be of some other format as well).

The files which the this "transmitting and recieving modules" recieve will come to another arduino wired with it. Same for transmitting purpose, the file to transmit will come from another arduino wired with it.

To avoid further XY problem, give more details about the project, and why do you need to transfer files instead of sending plain data?

What kind of file? .txt ? .csv? And the file weight?

Either way, you can transfer a file by sending it line by line, just as you send common data, but there are more advanced protocols to transfer, like ftp. I don't know if esp8266 or nrf8001 supports ftp.

Yes mart256 you are right. Actually plain data is to be sent from one shield to another shield, not files, I carelessly used the term "file".