Filter on my topics

I can't seem to find a way to quickly find the topics I have created.

I used to be able to search on my username, but many of my past topics (created with in the week) do not appear in the search results.

Many forums have a link to "my topics".

Where is that link?

Thank you. Terrence

Click on you name then show post.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=290740

Why is it that most links posted lately are just plain text?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=290740

Rob

Graynomad: Why is it that most links posted lately are just plain text? /index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=290740

Thank you Rob. On my part it's just laziness. I just pasted it as a string instead of actually adding a link. Most forums automatically detect a URL and convert it for you. (I think even this one used to). Evidently this one doesn't (at least, not any more)

Rob

I've seen this a heck of a lot since the upgrade though, dunno if it's the fault of the upgrade or not. No matter.

Rob

Oh, you have to click on your profile, then go into Edit Profile Settings and on that page there is a link to "show Posts".

I looked and didn't see the link under my profile which is where is should be. It seems misplaced to put the link under Edit Profile Settings.

Thank you for your help.

Terrence

terrencespencer: Oh, you have to click on your profile, then go into Edit Profile Settings and on that page there is a link to "show Posts".

I looked and didn't see the link under my profile which is where is should be. It seems misplaced to put the link under Edit Profile Settings.

Thank you for your help.

Terrence

I agree. I find it easier to see someone else's post history than my own.

One thing about filtering topics (not searching) is how "Unread Posts" works.

For me, it insists on displaying and following topics that were only viewed, even though all I have selected in "Notification Settings" is "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

... oh well

dlloyd: One thing about filtering topics (not searching) is how "Unread Posts" works.

For me, it insists on displaying and following topics that were only viewed, even though all I have selected in "Notification Settings" is "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

... oh well

Something else I've noticed. If I click on "updated topic" it will lead me to that topic. (page 1). Now if that topic has more than one page and I don't navigate to the last page. It will remain on my "updated topic" list.

KenF: Something else I've noticed. If I click on "updated topic" it will lead me to that topic. (page 1). Now if that topic has more than one page and I don't navigate to the last page. It will remain on my "updated topic" list.

I haven't used the "updated topic" much ... hopefully that issue gets resolved. It's probably getting its data from the "Watched Topics" table buried deep in the Profile.

Regarding the "Watched Topics" table, it seems to work correctly for me (so far) as it isn't showing posts that were only viewed, just those that I've created or replied to. Various columns can be sorted, and various rows can be removed using "Unnotify".