FIltering-Relay System (Newbie any help is appreciated!)

Hi all,

Completely new to programming and Arduino, so I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm doing an undergraduate research project that requires a series of pumps and solenoid valves to be turned on and off according to the value of a digital scale.

Putting the scale feedback aside for a second, I want to use a basic solid state relay to control multiple entities. So, I need a program that will I assume uses if,else statements to turn my various valves on and off. Is there a template or downloadable program that would allow for this?

Hopefully this can get resolved soon enough to where someone could help me with the actual scale and wiring that value (I assume the load cell in the scale would put off a voltage or resistance that can be read by an amplifier??) back into the Arduino.

I can explain more if necessary, like I said I'm pretty new so I'm not quite sure how to present everything to you all.

Thanks again!!

Colt

Hi Colt
You will need to provide details of the Scale, Pumps and Valves (links to datasheets are good), how many of each etc.

Once the quantity of Inputs and Outputs is known you can choose your Arduino to suit.

Depending on operating voltage and current you will need to put some form of interposing Relay/Transistor/SSR to handle the actual switching.

Meanwhile I suggest you hop over to the Programming Questions Forum and read the "Sticky" Planning and Implementing an Arduino Program

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=261445.0

This covers the basics of how to start building your program, it covers most of the principles you will need to make your project work.

Good Luck!!!

Kiwi

coltg12:
I want to use a basic solid state relay to control multiple entities. So, I need a program that will I assume uses if,else statements to turn my various valves on and off. Is there a template or downloadable program that would allow for this?

Turning a solid state relay (SSR) ON or OFF is as simple as digitalWrite(relayPin, HIGH); (or LOW)

The IF/ELSE statements will depend on the logic of your system and the inputs from the scale.

Have a browse through the examples that come with the Arduino IDE.

The Thread Planning and Implementing a Program may be helpful.

...R