Final Year Project- NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys , I am pursuing my Mtech . so as a part of my final year project , I will be interfacing / communicating Arduino Mega 2560 with CNC controller (FANUC) . Now my question is would i be able to interface it with CNC using ETHERNET ? If yes , then can u plz suggest me the Configuration required for the same . or some extra Hardware has to be applied n yea one more thing I have already interfaced Arduino Ethernet shield to the board...Ur urgent reply is appreciated..thanks

Ur urgent reply is appreciated..thanks

So is your proper use of full words and proper capitalization.

as a part of my final year project , I will be interfacing / communicating Arduino Mega 2560 with CNC controller (FANUC) .

In your final year, you should know that interfacing is a buzzword that doesn't mean anything. Exactly how are the Mega and the CNC controller to be connected? What will they be communicating? Where is the link to the controller?

Now my question is would i be able to interface it with CNC using ETHERNET ?

There's that stupid buzzword again. In addition, "it" is a pronoun that does not have a referent. What exactly is "it" that you are referring to?

Is the CNC machine connected to the internet? Or, are you expecting the Mega with Ethernet shield to connect to the internet, so you can control the CNC machine from the web?

If that is what you want to do, you can. Personally, I wouldn't put MY CNC machine on the internet, but, your mileage may vary.

If yes , then can u plz suggest me the Configuration required for the same

The same what? Configuration of what?

or some extra Hardware has to be applied n yea one more thing I have already interfaced Arduino Ethernet shield to the board.

You do like that buzzword, don't you? Can we just call you interface?

My main purpose is to communicate Arduino Mega 2560 with CNC controller (FANUC 0iM) using Ethernet . Internet connection is not in the picture right now…Can u plz suggest me method of implementing this…thnks

Can u plz suggest me method of implementing this

Get hold of a copy the manual for the CNC machine, and read it, cover-to-cover.

(please don’t use txt - there is a per-post character limit, but it is somewhat larger than an SMS)

My main purpose is to communicate Arduino Mega 2560 with CNC controller (FANUC 0iM) using Ethernet . Internet connection is not in the picture right now.

If the Ethernet shield is not connected to the internet, what good is it?

What is it that would be communicated between the Mega and the CNC machine? What would the Ethernet shield contribute to the project?

Does you CNC controller have an ethernet port? It kind of depend on what you are hoping to achieve. If you just want monitoring and diagnostics info going to the Arduino then look up the Focas protocol.

I will be interfacing / communicating Arduino Mega 2560 with CNC controller (FANUC) . Now my question is would i be able to interface it with CNC using ETHERNET ?

You need to explain how you are currently communicating between tthe mega and the CNC to see if that can be adapted to an ethernet type communication.

Thank you all for the replies. I'll give a little more information on the project that I am doing. I will be connecting the Mega 2560 to the FANUC CNC system using an ethernet (RJ45) cable. Yes there is an ethernet port on the CNC system. My intention is to connect some basic analog sensors like temperature & pressure signals in-terms of voltage and digitize it (using the A2D on the Mega), process it (compare it to different values) and send the processed values to the CNC System to generate either warning messages or take suitable action. Currently I intend to have the communication to be uni-directional from the Mega 2560 to the CNC system.

AWOL: Get hold of a copy the manual for the CNC machine, and read it, cover-to-cover.