Finally i found a datasheet!

These strange parts have made me headache!

http://www.msarnoff.org/chipdb/WIRE

Looks like a useful component, any idea where one could purchase some? Doesn’t say if it has a polarity or not. :wink:

Lefty

You see the polarity dot? :slight_smile:

Damn!!!
No soldering info :frowning:

Will probably burn a few of these suckers before I get the timing and temperature right ;D

Will probably burn a few of these suckers before I get the timing and temperature right

I once saw someone direct-short a piece of hookup wire on his breadboard; there we were in class quietly working away when - BANG! - bright flash (like a flash bulb), and a lot of acrid smoke in his area. That woke us up!

Not too long back, I built a copy of the “Time-Life Science Series” paper clip motor; I mounted it to a small piece of wood using thumb tacks, and wound the coils using telephone hookup wire. I tried powering it with a 12V 7AH gel-cell battery (nothing else would make it turn) - it started running real good; then it jammed on the “bearings” and stopped; the direct short on the commutator instantly heated the wires running to the battery, causing them burn the insulation off before I knew what was happening. Lots of smoke there, too!

;D

So, you could say I have had some experience running into problems with this particular component; and even managed to let the magic smoke out of one before as well…

:-/

Check with the manufacturer’s datasheet for up-to-date information.

Anyone seen the manufacturers datasheet? I want to make sure that the information is up to date. :sunglasses:

Anyone seen the manufacturers datasheet? I want to make sure that the information is up to date.

Good idea. I hear they plan on releasing a super-conducting model real soon now. :wink:

Lefty

I think that datasheet was put together by the same guy who writes the MS Help files (you know, the “to save a file, click ‘File’ and then ‘Save’” guy).

I hear they plan on releasing a super-conducting model real soon now

They allready have that, CERN is using that version
BUT soon they will release the roomtemperature version
Alas it is bug riddled and the experts are probably going to have to assamble it ATOM BY ATOM, so I expect it will cost a small states yearly buget.

as i heard, they plan a double release. In a bundle with DukeNukem3d.

But i don’t care, for me as a hobbiest, ‘pretty low resistance’ seems enough…

It mentions “Bendy!”.
How bendy?
And, come to think of it, what unit would be used to measure bendiness?

Brilliant - I want that in an eagle library so I can easily connect VCC to VDD and VSS to GND without all the errors!

You can get this component socket-mounted too I note:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/173787/LITTELFUSE/225100_1.html