Finding a MOSFET for a simple circuit

Hello all, I'm working on a project that's a simple Li-po alarm and cutoff. To cut the voltage I want to use a SMD MOSFET capable of handling, at the most, 15 volts. It should be able to pass about 10-20 amps constantly. Could someone reccommend an N-Channel MOSFET for me to use? I would prefer it be SMD but if it has to be through hole that's fine too. I was looking at the IRLB3034PBF but I don't know if that's good. Thanks!

I'm also looking at this. NTD20N03L27T4G

Yes the IRLB3034PBF looks like it might be what you want.

More specifically it (IRLB3034) has an on resistance of 2 mohm, so at 20A will dissipate 0.8W. This is fine with a small heatsink. It seems to be TO220 only though.

The NTD20N03L27T4G is under spec'd unless given a large heatsink and probably a fan to cool the heatsink as it will pull 11W (you'll lose 0.5 volts across it)

Somewhere I've an IRLS3036 which is 1.9mohm and logic level and surface mount (7 pin D2PAK in fact). That would probably do with enough copper area on the PCB devoted to heatsinking.

For 20 amp and surface mount you have the challenge of not overheating the copper traces on the board - certainly you would want thicker copper than standard and a lot of area devoted to the high current traces.

For 20 amp and surface mount you have the challenge of not overheating the copper traces on the board

You should use a stick on heat sink if that is your chosen route.

Could someone reccommend an N-Channel MOSFET for me to use?

If you plan to drive it directly from the arduino, the MOSFET needs to be a “logic level” one.