Finding one's own threads and posts?

How does one find one’s own threads and posts on this forum? I don’t see any thread subscription tools or ability to search for posts by author name. The forum is quite busy so once I close the page (which I have occasionally done inadvertently) I end up loosing the thread! Sometimes I can find if if I remember keywods that I can search on, but surely there must be some easier way?

This comes up regularly in the "Website and Forum" section

...R

Robin, thank you. When I was looking for something that looks like a forum support question section I did find the "old forum" section, but totally missed the "Website and Forum" section under "Community". Since the question understandably gets asked so often, could I request the mods to make this feature more prominent and readily accessible instead of hiding it inside an Edit control? For example, why isn't this feature directly under My Profile? After all, this is not a setting option?

While were here, there is another aspect I find frustrating. When I edit or add a post to a thread, on submitting the post I get redirected to the topic list instead of back to the thread I am viewing. Why? Its not a bug deal, just means extra clicks, but most forums send you back to the current thread.

If this isn't the proper place to make suggestions, then please can someone advise where I can submit such requests?

Thanks.

The comments in your Reply #2 would be more useful in the Website and Forum section. If you click Report to Moderator you can ask to have this Topic moved.

IIRC I have made a similar suggestion (about info on finding Posts) in the past myself.

…R

@BitSeeker

Moved your topic to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Robin2:
The comments in your Reply #2 would be more useful in the Website and Forum section. If you click Report to Moderator you can ask to have this Topic moved.

IIRC I have made a similar suggestion (about info on finding Posts) in the past myself.

...R

Thanks, but it seems the mods have now moved the thread so no need for me to use the Report to Moderator link now, but information filed for future reference.

ballscrewbob:
@BitSeeker

Moved your topic to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Thank you for your reply and moving the post to a more suitable location, and also for those links. Whereas they do lead to some helpful information, unfortunately they do not answer my question. I did spot the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page so I guess I will be contacting webmaster by e-mail.

BitSeeker:
unfortunately they do not answer my question. I did spot the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page so I guess I will be contacting webmaster by e-mail.

I thought we had already answered your question?

...R

For your convenience: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=1123943; bookmark it.

Select messages for all posts; select topics for your threads.

Robin2:
I thought we had already answered your question?

...R

Robin, yes thank you. You have been very helpful and answered my questions.

sterretje:
For your convenience: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=1123943; bookmark it.

Thank you. Now bookmarked.

sterretje:

I use to use that way since ages on Firefox.

I have however noticed that:
-when I use that link starting from a completely different website it leads to the Forum default,
-when I use that link starting from the Forum it shows my last posts.

I don’t complain, I find it very convenient. I just wonder how it is possible…