Finger Print Based Attendance System with serial communication

Hi all,

I am very new to electronics platform.
i have developed a software for a sports club using VB.NET & SQL.
i want to restrict every person entry by fingerprint access using my software.
Spent many hours in google and found arduino is solution for my requirement to build suitable hardware.
Kindly help me that what Hardware need to buy and assemble to make Fingerprint Access Machine.

Requirement:

1. i have to register/store Individual info along with fingerprint to my DB using my software.
    (have to integrate arduino hardware to my software using serial communication)
  2. For every time login / logout fingerprint access suppose to work based on registered database and give access to person to enter to club.

Please guide me. Thanks

How many people are you expecting to register fingerprints for?

krajesh806:

1. i have to register/store Individual info along with fingerprint to my DB using my software.

I have yet to find an Arduino compatible fingerprint scanner that allows fingerprint data to be downloaded from and/or uploaded to it.

That said, I'm not too sure if I'd want to - this information is way more sensitive than credit card data (if only because a credit card you can cancel, your fingerprints not), so you'd have to get your security in order, and unless you're a seasoned security expert you don't have much of a change to get it done halfway well.

And consider you will probably have to have several different fingerprints for the same person. Dirty fingers and freshly washed fingers react differently to fingerprint scanners.

Paul