Finger Sensor connecting to Touch LCD

Hi everyone,

This is actually my first project. I wondering how I could connect a finger sensor (scanner) to an Arduino that can unlock pages/slide show I have already programmed on to my LCD. For example the screen will say "Welcome" then when I scan my finger and it detects mine it'll say "Hello David" and then I can get access to the following pages created for my user by simply touching the screen. I want to do this for two users. Are there any programs that can help me?

Thanls

You need a hardware fingerprint scanner that can store and verify the prints. There is not enough memory or speed to do this directly on an arduino with a fingerprint sensor.

The finger sensor I have is this one Fingerprint Scanner - 5V TTL (GT-511C1) - SEN-11836 - SparkFun Electronics which can store 20 fingerprints and I have a 4d system LCD along with an Leonardo Arduino board. I am just curious how I can program the finger sensor to unlock other screens/pages I have programmed onto my LCD. And I guess the same question from the finger scanner would go for a microswitch I am using.

Thanks

I am just curious how I can program the finger sensor to unlock other screens/pages I have programmed onto my LCD.

It is just one of those parameters that you would include in a if statement to access the page. You wold get a signal from the sensor that indicated a match, or you would read that the switch was high, then your code would say something like:-

if(finger == TRUE && somethingElse == TRUE) doLockedPage();

Where finger and somethingElse were Boolean variables and doLockedPage() was a function that showed what you want to access when the conditions were right.