fingerprint scaner with arduino

we have a project "Entrance control with figerprint" we are going to use arduino mega 2560 and we want to conect it with Nitgen RS232 fingerprint scaner.
Does anyone know how make the connection and what changes have been done to the sourcecode of the scaner in order to make it work.Thank you!!!

Check the data shee but a finger print needs about 4K of data, so there is not enough memory in the arduino to store even one. How are you thinking it will work and how many good prints do you expect to store.

We have an idea how to do that. Our problem is that we don't know if the fingerprint scanner comes with a source code in order to make the changes we need to, to make this work. If anyone has made something similar, and if someone has changed or made any source code about these stuff, please let us know.. We have a 6 weeks deadline and there is A LOT to do.. thanks!

[We have an idea how to do that.

Care to share it, because if it doesn't work it is a project killer.

It sounds like it is an assignment, it also sounds like you are trying to get other people to do it for you.

Grumpy_Mike:
It sounds like it is an assignment, it also sounds like you are trying to get other people to do it for you.

It's a project that our teacher assigned to us. Our knowledge about this stuff is a bit limited. We are not asking anyone to do this for us, besides there would be plenty of people here that we could pay and let them do it for us. We want to work on this, and learn, so it would help a lot if you could be more serious and polite. This is new to us, if you can't help just ignore us. Our only problem is the source code of the fingerprint scanner. And we're just asking if any of you has ever made something similar, so that he could help us.
Thank you.

Miles86 I assume you are the other half of the OP.
I am deadly serious and if you think I am not polite then you are being over sensitive.

besides there would be plenty of people here that we could pay and let them do it for us.

You are very young and have a lot to learn about life, don't think that you can buy anything you want because you will find out you can't.

So it is obvious that you don't want my help. Therefore I will not trouble you any further.
Good luck with your assignment.

The serial protocol seems (to me, after a very brief search) pretty well defined, so what's the problem?

Some of the spelling is a little eccentric, I grant you.