Fio programming

Hi there! I know Fio cant be programmed by usb, I know it can be programmed by xbee's but is it possible to program it with another arduino (say I have Uno) by connecting tx,rx aref and all? and keeping the uno in reset mode?

If you have an Arduino Uno with a processor you can remove you can can pull out the processor and connect RX to RIO-RX, TX to FIO-TX, Reset to Reset, and Ground to Ground. Then the FIO will take the place of the processor in the UNO and can be downloaded through the UNO’s built in USB-to-TTL Serial adapter.

I know Fio cant be programmed by usb,

True.

I know it can be programmed by xbee's

True.

So, what is wrong with programming it via an XBee?

I have problem installing the usb to ftdi drivers and so I cant program the xbee's either so I had to program the xbee's through my UNO Even the as the fio didn't had any sketch in it I was unable to test the connection of the xbee's Thanks for the help I will try as you suggested and post a reply of the result

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I got the above errors the reset of the uno is to be connected to the DTR of fio right?

Hwy and also when I power up my fio from uno (atmega removed) through the 5v and gnd connected to the holes just infront of the battery port. the led aside the reset button constantly blinks.....Why? tho on led glows constantly....is this normal?

I have problem installing the usb to ftdi drivers and so I cant program the xbee's

The XBee are not microprocessors, so they don't need programming.

If you can't install the USB to FTDI drivers, you need to explain why. What goes wrong on what operating system using what install process?

Its windows 7 every thing worked fine now for A minute or two just to make the xbee's unresponsive ...