Firmata + Pure Data , analog reading at 100 ms intervals

Im running a PD patch on my pc, and within it have created a simple multitap function for my delay that is triggered from a footswitch that i have wired into the arduino and reading the analog value from within PD via Firmata. For some reason it seems it only samples or reads my footswitch at 100ms intervals and not lesser. This results in time values that are always in 100 ms range, and i get no resolution in between. I suspected this has something to do with the sampling interval or baud rates, but changing both made no difference. the multi tap works as its supposed to when i manually click the bang to sample the time interval, n it works correctly, but when the footswitch sends a bang to sample the time interval it always ends at 100 ms. My only guess is that somehow firmata is not allowing the footswitch to be sampled faster then 100 ms, but does anybody else have any suggestions?

Also im very new to programming, so please bare with me and ask for any extra information you might need

I cannot add the firmata code as its too long for me to post, but any sections your interested in please ask away and ill paste it here

from a footswitch that i have wired into the arduino and reading the analog value from within PD via Firmata.

What kind of switch is it? I think of switches as digital devices (on or off), not analog devices.

My only guess is that somehow firmata is not allowing the footswitch to be sampled faster then 100 ms

That would be wrong. Firmata doesn't care how often you invoke its functions. They do, however, take time to be received, parsed, dealt with, and responded to. 100 ms may not be unreasonable as the minimum time to process a Firmata message.