Firmware development

Hi,
I was planning to get started with microcontroller firmware development on arduino. Can someone tell me where to start this from scratch??
Thanks and regards

Welcome!

One way is to get a starter kit like this one (there are others too), and work through whatever documentation comes with it, and / or these tutorials.

Then when you have an actual project to work towards, use what you learned as building blocks and have a look at the Playground.

I am already well versed with arduino and own a couple of boards....I need to know about firmware dev specifically.

sreedevk:
I am already well versed with arduino and own a couple of boards....I need to know about firmware dev specifically.

I guess you should tell us what you mean by saying 'firmware'. Are you asking how to create arduino sketches that you will be uploading to your arduino board, or something else?

Lefty

retrolefty:
Are you asking how to create arduino sketches that you will be uploading to your arduino board

Well that's what I thought sreedevk meant, but in the light of the response to my response, I'm guessing it means "something else"

By firmware I meant a sort of operating system running on the microcontroller...