First project and some troubles

Hi,
I try finish mu first project but i don't understand from where i have some failures :frowning: someone can help me understand ?

full code link #include <Wire.h>#include <DallasTemperature.h>#include <OneWire.h>#incl - Pastebin.com

circuit link https://imgur.com/a/qi0Tdou

aq4.1FIRST.ino:68:1: error: 'LiquidCrystal_I2C' does not name a type
aq4.1FIRST.ino: In function 'void setup()':
aq4.1FIRST.ino:206:1: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino: In function 'void loop()':
aq4.1FIRST.ino:253:9: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino:255:21: error: 'Karmienie_cykl1_64' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino:259:9: error: 'lcd' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino:268:26: error: invalid operands of types 'float' and 'const char [2]' to binary 'operator+'
aq4.1FIRST.ino:286:9: error: 'karmnik' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino: In function 'void PWM1()':
aq4.1FIRST.ino:299:20: error: 'tm' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino:299:31: error: 'nt' was not declared in this scope
aq4.1FIRST.ino:299:34: error: expected ')' before 'sunrise_mm_1'
aq4.1FIRST.ino:1814:1: error: expected ')' at end of input
aq4.1FIRST.ino:1814:1: error: expected statement at end of input
aq4.1FIRST.ino:1814:1: error: expected '}' at end of input
aq4.1FIRST.ino:1814:1: error: expected '}' at end of input
Błąd kompilacji.

Please post your code here. Attach your .ino file if it is long - but hopefully it isn't

And make your images visible here. See this Simple Image Guide

...R

I hope now be ok :slight_smile:

aq4.1FIRST.ino (60.9 KB)

Where did you get the code ?

Let’s start with a simple error

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x27,8,9,4,5,6,7);

You have not #include the LiquidCrystal_I2C library so all commands using the lcd are invalid

The other main problem appears to be that you have mismatched { and } pairs so that, for instance, the Karmienie_cykl1_64() function definition is in the middle of another function. Auto Format the code in the IDE and check that all function definitions start on the left margin

converspl:
I hope now be ok :slight_smile:

How come you have 60k of code and only just now discovered these problems?

...R

because I wrote this 3 days for the element learning and recalling C and I did not have anything to compile for the test: D

UKHeliBob:
Where did you get the code ?

Let's start with a simple error

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x27,8,9,4,5,6,7);

You have not #include the LiquidCrystal_I2C library so all commands using the lcd are invalid

The other main problem appears to be that you have mismatched { and } pairs so that, for instance, the Karmienie_cykl1_64() function definition is in the middle of another function. Auto Format the code in the IDE and check that all function definitions start on the left margin

I dont understand why i cant use Karmienie_cykl1_64(); in while loop ?

while (digitalRead(Feeder_button) == LOW) //Jeśli przycisk jest wciśnięty cykl karmienia
{
lcd.setCursor(0,0);lcd.write(7);
lcd.print(" ");lcd.setCursor(1,0);lcd.print("KARMIENIE RECZNE ");
Karmienie_cykl1_64();
//delay(25); w przypadku zakłuceń
}

You can call the Karmienie_cykl1_64() function from a while loop, I didn't say that you couldn't. However the declaration of the function is wrong.

On line 524 of your code you have

void Karmienie_cykl1_64();

Note how the declaration of other functions such as loop() and setup() do not have a semicolon at the end. In addition to that your { and } pairs are not matched. Auto Format the code in the IDE. Is your attempt at declaring the function on the left margin as it should be ?

I wrote this 3 days for the element learning and recalling C and I did not have anything to compile for the test

This is nonsense. You could have (should have) compiled the code and tested functions as you added them rather than waiting until you had 1816 lines of code.

converspl:
because I wrote this 3 days for the element learning and recalling C and I did not have anything to compile for the test: D

Now you know why that is a very time-wasting way to write a computer program.

My advice is start again and test early and often. I reckon it will be quicker overall.

...R

in fact there were some very minor mistakes that were shouting errors. By the way, I ran out of memory in my nano: D. After quick optimization everything works. thx

Robin2:
Now you know why that is a very time-wasting way to write a computer program.

My advice is start again and test early and often. I reckon it will be quicker overall.

...R

Im no sure its true when i start write few parts program in these same time :slight_smile:

THX for help