First Project. Arduino UNO connected to old phone, laser sensor and speakers.

Hi guys!

I might have a problem here, thats why i turned into this forum. First time here, and first time using an Arduino.

I have an exhibition 8 days from now.

For my exhibition i want an empty booth with an old phone on a table in the middle of the room. On the phone im gonna install some LED:s, that goes off when someone enters the room. A laser sensor and receiver is set up in the doorway, so when someone breaks it i want a "ring ring" signal to go off through some external speakers (the original phone is not plugged in at all), and the LED:s on the phone to start blinking.

When the person enters the room , the phone starts ringing and blinking, and when they lift the phone to answer, a movie starts playing on a big screen in the booth from a projector. (the projector does not need to be connected to the arduino but would be great if this is possible).

I have the laser sensor/reciever and the LED:s, i found some suiting videos on youtube to set this up (and it works), but i have no clue how to add extra codes and how to connect the "ring ring" tone.

If you have any ides or changes i need/could do i would love to receive them. I feel kinda lost and need any help i can get!

Much love /Matte

a commercial exhibition?

I suggest you pay something to do the work for you.

I was just asking for help on a public forum concerning arduinos from people who might know how to do it. did you learn how to code by yourself? good for you, and thanks for your helpful contribution.

mattelil: I was just asking for help on a public forum concerning arduinos from people who might know how to do it. did you learn how to code by yourself? good for you, and thanks for your helpful contribution.

Yes, I did learn how to code myself using Herb Schildt's [u]Teach Yourself C[/u] on a 286 running DOS.

You have gathered parts. That is all you have done. The rest you want someone to help you with and you only have 8 days. I wouldn't do someone's work for nothing especially when it is a commercial project.

ieee488: Yes, I did learn how to code myself using Herb Schildt's [u]Teach Yourself C[/u] on a 286 running DOS.

You have gathered parts. That is all you have done. The rest you want someone to help you with and you only have 8 days. I wouldn't do someone's work for nothing especially when it is a commercial project.

You donĀ“t wanna help me, but you don`t mind spending your time arguing?

As i said i have connected and set up the laser already (with a functional code), but to add codes to that with several other steps and i dont know how to find that out. But never mind, maybe someone else can give me hand.

Cheers