first robot

i am making a robot similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECf1eqoRFEs can anyone write the code or show me how to do it that the robot will work like that when i move the joystick.

Note that the joystick is connected to the computer. He is reading it with some app, perhaps Processing (my favorite) http://processing.org/

The app talks to the robot thru Xbee. There are many variations and options. Bluetooth is a cheaper and easier option, especially if your laptop has Bluetooth built-in. Most do.

You should start with a wired connection. The port used to program your Arduino can also send serial commands. I usually place the small robot on a test stand. No point adding the additional complication of wireless, until your software is basically working.

Search Google and this forum, you will find plenty of similar examples.

i wont make it wireless i only want the code to upload to the arduino uno so that will work like that ( i am a total noob at this)

thegrid: i wont make it wireless i only want the code to upload to the arduino uno so that will work like that ( i am a total noob at this)

Guess how you stop being a "total noob"?

You get in there, and you do the work. It starts with identifying your problems, breaking them up into sub-tasks, then building the code to solve those sub-tasks.

Have you already gone through all of the tutorials that came with the Arduino, and do you understand how they work?

If you have, then you should have a good base to work from.

Have you researched how others have implemented small robots using the Arduino? There are tons of forums and sites (such as "lets make robots" and "instructables") which have numerous tutorials and how-to's on building such robots. You aren't doing anything new, and there is tons of source code and hardware designs out there to learn from.

Your plaintive cry for source code just to make it work is likely going to fall on deaf ears, because you haven't even shown any propensity (thus far) to ameliorate your own ignorance. One simple google search is all it will take, and using what you find to make some sort of code you can present here for us to look at and make suggestions.

You are not a baby. You do not need to be spoon-fed this information. The information is already out there. Find it (or, as my parents would tell me, "Look it up in the dictionary/encyclopedia yourself!").

its a school project and its not about programing its about design and enovation but thanks anyway i need to make it work and design around it but thanks but thanks anyway.

a school project and its not about programing its about design and enovation

What's innovative about copying a YouTube video?

at least tell me what to google please