First time programming and using arduino need help

I got the arduino uno a while back and i just now decided to use it, I searched a project online and decided to do the recycled robotic arm (https://www.hackster.io/circuito-io-team/robotic-arm-from-recycled-materials-7e318a) and i ordered all the parts and installed the existed code (I think) but nothing works. when i unplug and plug back in the servo motors twitch a little bit like there is a connection so i know thats not the problem, and also when I open serial monitor and test out the servo motors and joystick everything works. Once again im new to all this so its probably a simple mistake

How many motors and how are you powering them?

3 motors and a 9 volt battery, they run fine when I test them in serial monitor so I don’t think its either of those being the problem

Uuwotm8: when i unplug and plug back in the servo motors twitch a little bit like there is a connection so i know thats not the problem, and also when I open serial monitor and test out the servo motors and joystick everything works. Once again im new to all this so its probably a simple mistake

What exactly is serial monitor showing you? What exactly works with the joystick? A 9v battery is not capable of powering 3 motors. Are you connecting your ground together from the motors, joystick, board? Can you supply a sketch, your code, what the serial monitor is showing? What kind of motors? What're the voltage/current specs for them? I would say you're not powering them effectively.

Hackster: SparkFun Wall Adapter Power Supply - 12VDC 600mA

Right there on the first page.

Also, show your code.

MorganS: Right there on the first page.

Also, show your code.

But yet, he/she said a 9V battery?

This is a link to the codes ( https://github.com/Circuito-io/Robotic-Arm/tree/master/Firmware ) I can’t copy them because I’m no longer on my desktop that has it but I just downloaded it from that website, and also it probably is the battery im just and idiot and thought that since it ran while plugged into my computer and the 9v battery it would work just on the battery but I will buy an 12v adapter and test it out thanks