First Time using Arduino

Hello everyone, I am Leticia. I am currently working on a project to build a automatic door opener.
I would like to use a face recognition scanner to unlock the door. And I want to build an automatic door opener. Similar to the one attached below. Though instead of using motion sensors I want to use voice recognition. So I can say close and open and the door would do such thing. I also would like for the door to automatically lock when it closes. I need help with starting. This is my first time ever working with Arduino or in fact coding. I was hoping someone can give me some insight. So far for the door opener I know I need Arduino Uno, Dual H Bridge DC Stepper Motor Control, and a Step Motor. Please someone help

Motor.pdf (27.7 KB)

You'll need to spend some time learning about interfacing to the system(s) doing the facial and speech recognition.

Leticiar: This is my first time ever working with Arduino or in fact coding.

Maybe start with something simpler than face-recognition and voice-recognition?

In any case an Arduino is not powerful enough to do either. You will at least need the power of a RaspberryPi, or maybe a PC for face recognition.

You can get modules that can be programmed to recognize voice commands and which can be coupled to an Arduino. However I don't think they can distinguish one person's voice from another.

...R Stepper Motor Basics Simple Stepper Code

What is your experience with the various type of facial recognition? What is your experience with voice recognition?

For an experienced engineer/programmer, I would guess the project would take perhaps 5 years to complete and then NO Arduino would be involved.

Better pick a project that can be done in a shorter time.

Paul

ok

Hello everyone. I am looking for help. Im working on my research practicum project for my school and I need a mentor to complete my project. I don't have it approve yet but I was wondering if anyone might help.

(deleted)

I have guessed what your project is, its not something I know anything about, so I cannot help sorry.

I am currently working on a project to build a automatic door opener. I would like to use a face recognition scanner to unlock the door. And I want to build an automatic door opener. Similar to the one attached below. Though instead of using motion sensors I want to use voice recognition. So I can say close and open and the door would do such thing. I also would like for the door to automatically lock when it closes. I need help with starting. This is my first time ever working with Arduino or in fact coding. I was hoping someone can give me some insight. So far for the door opener I know I need Arduino Uno, Dual H Bridge DC Stepper Motor Control, and a Step Motor.

Dual H Bridge DC Stepper Motor Control, and a Step Motor.

A h-bridge motor controller is not the right driver for a stepper motor. If we knew what stepper motor that you want to use we could help to choose the right driver. You will need at least one limit switch so that you can "home" the motor (establish a reference point) and an external power source for the stepper.

A DC gearmotor may be a better choice, but without knowing more about the system, it is hard to say.

I was researching and this is similar to what I would like to do. Attached below

Motor.pdf (27.7 KB)

Leticiar: I am currently working on a project to build a automatic door opener.

I would like to use a face recognition scanner to unlock the door.

...And I want to build an automatic door opener.

...I want to use voice recognition.

....This is my first time ever working with Arduino or in fact coding...

I would like to say that seems like a mission impossible...

Try to break it down into parts, arduino's nor forum members are magical gnomes that present ready to use solutions.

Start at the beginning. Files > Examples > Basics > Blink

@Leticiar, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.