I just bought an Arduino (or should I say Genuino) starter kit. This is my first test and it is failing.
I have follow religiously the first pages and when I am trying to upload the blink sketch, uploading fails with an avrdude error : avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding.
As suggested in other posts, I have tried
- to switch to the latest Hourly build of Arduino IDE
- to switch to a previous stable version of the Arduino IDE (1.6.09)
- to change the USB cable to one that I know is working fine
- to make the same steps on another computer (unfortunatelly, all of them are macOS running on macOS 10.11.6, so not really an interesting test)
- to press reset before the upload, interesting thing : the TX led never flashes
The full log is attached. Any idea of why this is happening ?
log.txt (32 KB)