Fish finder sonar

Hello . I need a little help here. I have a normal lowrance fish finder with cable and i want to make the transducer wireless so i can use it for my bait boat . There is any way to make this happend usind arudino esp32 ?(wiring diagram and a code maybe :grin:) thanks

@adn85 , your topic was moved to a more suitable location of the forum.

Hello
Do you have an interface specification wrt the transducer ?

Hi. It is a lowrance hdi HDI 83/200/455/800kHz Mid/High/DownScan

I think that would be difficult.
Reason: the way a transducer work: changing electrical pulses into sound waves or acoustic energy and back again. It is the device that sends out the sound waves and then receives the echoes. Since it is the fish finder that produces and reads the response from the transducer, it will be hard to do it via a wireless system. Even your little lowrance unit produce a 300W pulse…

I would recommend either tow a deeper, garmin strike cast, or lowrance striker after the bait boat.

I'm using (Garmin 010-01550-00 Striker 4 with Transducer, 3.5" GPS Fishfinder with Chirp Traditional Transducer) it for ice fishing.

The flasher is very nice, the display is adapting depending on the death of the water.

I didn't buy the ice fishing transducer, it's way too much expensive. The one that came with it isn't the best for ice fishing. The way it hangs in the water, it may be hard to have it oriented at the bottom. But it does the job.

I instead of buying the kit, which was also too expensive, I build one by myself with that battery: APC Back-UPS ES 550 8 Outlet 550VA BE550R 12V 7Ah UPS Battery.

The flasher is always working very well, even in the cold Canadian winters.
I highly recommend it for every beginner who doesn't want to pay a fortune and know what's going on below the ice!

Screenshot_2

I only need to catch fish now!!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.