Flash Modchip With Arduino

A little background - the original Xbox modchips are connected to the Xbox via the LPC port, and they typically come blank (for legality reasons). Each chip needs to be plugged into a modded Xbox (if it doesnt have some sort of BIOS pre-loaded onto it) and flashed, in order for it to be useful. You can also make your own modchip with an SST 49LF020 (which again, comes blank, and needs to be flashed).

My question is this: is it possible to hook up a flash chip to the Arduino (containing the 256k bios I want to flash) and hook up an LPC modchip to the Arduino, and have the Arduino copy from the flash chip, over the LPC bus, to the modchip?

Another idea I had was sending the flash file over serial to the Arduino (instead of having an external flash chip), or having some way to write to the external flash chip via serial.

Bump!

Bump again!

is it possible to hook up a flash chip to the Arduino (containing the 256k bios I want to flash)

No because there is not that much memory in an arduino to store the information.

Another idea I had was sending the flash file over serial to the Arduino

Yes that would work.

You could also store it in an USB memory stick and read it out with this:- http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/List/1/ProductID/434/Default.aspx?txtSearch=usb+datalogger&SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Or you could use an SD card to hold the data.

Hmm yeah, USB or SD would probably be a lot easier than an external flash chip anyway. Serial would be kinda nice too tho, just to save on external components. Do you know of any libraries/examples using the LPC bus?