Flashing Arduino firmware to ESP8266

hey guys!

I have bought a ESP8266-12F module with the AT-command firmware installed on it. i have tried to upload the arduino firmware, so that i can code on arduino IDE and upload it to ESP and it will work like an arduino, but no success:( there is a esp8266 flasher program witch i have used to flash the thing to NodeMCU firmware, and i have done it successfully (i think!!), but still stock to flash the arduino firmware.i have tried to upload my arduino codes to this module, but seems to be a problem that makes it impossible. does anybody have any idea?

thanks

so that i can code on arduino IDE and upload it to ESP and it will work like an arduino

In order to program the ESP8266 using the Arduino IDE, you must install the Arduino core into the IDE. Instructions on how to install the core are on the linked page. Once the core is installed, there will be entries in the Tools, Boards menu to choose the ESP8266 variant that you have.

My Beginner's guide to the ESP8266 could be useful.

Pieter

PeterP, your guide IS very helpful. Many thanks for taking the time to write it. +100 to you if I could.

groundFungus: In order to program the ESP8266 using the Arduino IDE, you must install the Arduino core into the IDE. Instructions on how to install the core are on the linked page. Once the core is installed, there will be entries in the Tools, Boards menu to choose the ESP8266 variant that you have.

hmmmm..., i have read the total page and am still reading and trying to do what it has mentioned in its wiki, but still no success!

PieterP: My Beginner's guide to the ESP8266 could be useful.

Pieter

thanks Pieter, you've done a spectacular job! that's a book of everything! I'll surely ask for further help.