Flashing Turnigy Plush 30 A with Arduino Uno to bidirectional Mode

Hey,
I'm trying to flash the arduino and the esc using the Blheli32 firmware. However i keep failing to connect the Esc... It says 'Please check Data and power signals connections to the esc'.
I guess that's the problem.
Does anyone know on wich pins I need to connect the ESC (Turnigy Plush 30 A) to my Arduino Uno?
I could not find any helpful information concering that.

Eldor19:
Hey,
I'm trying to flash the arduino and the esc using the Blheli32 firmware. However i keep failing to connect the Esc... It says 'Please check Data and power signals connections to the esc'.
I guess that's the problem.
Does anyone know on wich pins I need to connect the ESC (Turnigy Plush 30 A) to my Arduino Uno?
I could not find any helpful information concering that.

Blheli32 firmware will only work on 32 bit ESC's. You won't be able to connect to your ESC with it.
You will need to flash with regular blheli firmware. I think the plush uses a silabs chip. Make a 4 way interface with blheli suite to set up the Arduino. Look at the FAQs in the suite for the pinout from the Arduino to connect to the c2d and c2k lines. I think it's pb3 and pb4 ( digital 11 and 12)

This is the new standalone suite. Should be able to flash from there.

Ok thanks for the info, I did not know that.
However the normal Blheli Suite doesn't feature bidirectional mode as far as i know, which is the main reason i wanted to flash my esc in the first place :frowning:

Eldor19:
Ok thanks for the info, I did not know that.
However the normal Blheli Suite doesn't feature bidirectional mode as far as i know, which is the main reason i wanted to flash my esc in the first place :frowning:

It sure does! All of the blheli firmwares have had bidirectional mode for 3d flying or driving a car. And the ability to set a center throttle point . Blheli , and blheli_s and 32.

I guess the older verision BLHeli Suite 16.0.14.5.0.1. had that as i found. The latest one does not :/.
Does anyone know where to download an older version?

Eldor19:
I guess the older verision BLHeli Suite 16.0.14.5.0.1. had that as i found. The latest one does not :/.
Does anyone know where to download an older version?

The new one will work too. The option does not show up until you connect to an esc that has firmware capable.of bidirectional. So flash first with the 'multi' firmware. The 'main' firmware is for a helicopter main blade and cannot do bidirectional. Once multi firmware is flashed for your ESC then connect and see if you can change the 'motor direction' slider to bidirectional.

Here are all the releases that should work, the last link i gave only works with flight controller passthrough.

Ok almost there I guess :smiley:
I’m using version 16.7.14.9.0.1 of the Blheli Suite and was finally able to read the Esc using an Arduino 4 way interface and the Silabs C2 interface after flashing with the Multi file.
However the bidirectional option does not show up.
Anymore suggestions? Thank you for your help so far.

never mind, I got it :slight_smile:
Thank you :slight_smile:
Just have to finetune the min und max throttle values now.