Flexible Wire for Arduino Project

Hi,

I am working on Arduino project at the moment with a 9DOF IMU. I am really stuck looking for flex wire. Have looked on Farnell, Cool components etc. but can't seem to find anything appropriate. I require 4 connections in the wire (one for each pin of the IMU), it needs to be quite flexible as it will be moving around a fair amount. Any suggestions are very much appreciated (I'm UK based)

Thanks

Joanne

joannnne: Hi,

I am working on Arduino project at the moment with a 9DOF IMU. I am really stuck looking for flex wire. Have looked on Farnell, Cool components etc. but can't seem to find anything appropriate. I require 4 connections in the wire (one for each pin of the IMU), it needs to be quite flexible as it will be moving around a fair amount. Any suggestions are very much appreciated (I'm UK based)

Thanks

Joanne

A piece of four conductor ribbon cable won't work? Note that you (likely) can't buy such a thing; you'll have to get some multi-conductor ribbon cable and split off the conductors you need.

I’m more after cable, it’s to be integrated into a motion detection device so I need very free movement. Am looking for the most flexible wire around.

Would an old USB cable not do? Cut off both ends and then you have the four wires inside to use for whatever you want.

I've no idea what sort of current USB cable's can carry, so you may want to check that