Flexiforce pressure sensor+arduino uno+I2C LCD display without laptop interface

Hello friends,

I am new to this forum, i am a researcher (biologist) working on the behaviour of bats in India. Actually l need to build a bite force sensor to measure the bite force of bats using a flexiforce pressure sensor with arduino uno R3 microcontroller board. I wired the Flexiforce sensor with arduino uno board as described in https://bildr.org/2012/11/flexiforce-arduino/ and got the arduino code from Dr. Cliff A Lemen from Unniversity of Nebraska at Lincoln.

The Flexiforce sensor is working perfectly in the laboratory with the arduino code given by Dr. Cliff A Lemen. Below I have given the code I have got from Dr. Cliff A Lemen,

int flexiForcePin = A0; //analog pin 0
int maxReading;

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
maxReading = 0;
Serial.println("Start");
Serial.println("When bite is recorded press restart to record next bite");
}

void loop(){
int flexiForceReading = analogRead(flexiForcePin);
if (flexiForceReading > maxReading)
{
Serial.println(flexiForceReading);
maxReading = flexiForceReading;
}
}

But I want to construct a battery operated bite force unit with 16x2 LCD with I2C module without laptop or PC interface so that I can use it in the field.

Anybody please help with the code to display the serial monitor values into the 16x2 LCD with I2C module (without laptop or PC interface).

Thanks in advance.

Hello friends,

I am new to this forum, i am a researcher (biologist) working on the behaviour of bats in India. Actually l need to build a bite force sensor to measure the bite force of bats using a flexiforce pressure sensor with arduino uno R3 microcontroller board. I wired the Flexiforce sensor with arduino uno board as described in https://bildr.org/2012/11/flexiforce-arduino/ and got the arduino code from Dr. Cliff A Lemen from Unniversity of Nebraska at Lincoln.

The Flexiforce sensor is working perfectly in the laboratory with the arduino code given by Dr. Cliff A Lemen. Below I have given the code I have got from Dr. Cliff A Lemen,

int flexiForcePin = A0; //analog pin 0
int maxReading;

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
maxReading = 0;
Serial.println("Start");
Serial.println("When bite is recorded press restart to record next bite");
}

void loop(){
int flexiForceReading = analogRead(flexiForcePin);
if (flexiForceReading > maxReading)
{
Serial.println(flexiForceReading);
maxReading = flexiForceReading;
}
}

But I want to construct a battery operated bite force unit with 16x2 LCD with I2C module without laptop or PC interface so that I can use it in the field.

Anybody please help with the code to display the serial monitor values into the 16x2 LCD with I2C module (without laptop or PC interface).

Thanks in advance.

Rajasekar

Although I applaud your research and finding this 5 year old thread, you would have been better of starting your own thread.
2)
Although I have never used it, I think your best bet is to use bperrybap's library for the I2C display.
3)
For battery operated systems, a (Sparkfun/Arduino) Pro Mini will be a better choice than an Uno.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom.... :slight_smile:

@Rajasekar_Raman, please do not hijack. Threads split.

@Rajasekar_Raman, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.