Flight sim throttle quadrant ?

So every since the new release of flight sim 2020 every single sim equipment has be overpriced or sold out, and i was recently talking to my friend and he said why not do it in Arduino? i am a mechanical engineer so i brushed it off as not posible but when i rethought of it, the more it would be able, i would just need some potentiometers,Arduino uno or nano and a way to translate it to use the joystick commands.

i can do the wiring mounting and everything, what i don't know is if there is code already done? that i can just put it in,test it and make a 3d printed case

Thanks

You need to look at the the flight sim web sites /forums to see how others have done this , using Arduino here seems very common . There are YouTube videos Too.
Ask Mr Google. Masses on the subject out there.

For the pot side , there are examples in the IDE; analog input .
A lot seem to use a “ game port “ type input to the PC, but if you want auto throttle that would be harder !

Example : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/minicockpit.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/arduino-control-of-the-throttle-quadrant/amp/

hammy:
A lot seem to use a “ game port “ type input to the PC, but if you want auto throttle that would be harder !

But seriously cool! :grinning:

hammy:
You need to look at the the flight sim web sites /forums to see how others have done this , using Arduino here seems very common . There are YouTube videos Too.
Ask Mr Google. Masses on the subject out there.

For the pot side , there are examples in the IDE; analog input .

Example : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/minicockpit.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/arduino-control-of-the-throttle-quadrant/amp/

Thank you! ill do my best to post my findings here, i managed to find a person that has made a flight sim throttle quadrant using potentiometers

So i managed to find a way to do this but!!!!!! when i connect it to the computer and check the joy stick,its going all over the place,like spazzing out

Nevermind! i was using a code from some one in italy and i guess they used a different potentiometer and everything was going crazy,so i opened up unojoy,had a example on it,ran it and it works PERFECT! only thing is i have to ground atleast one of the other inputs like A1 because im not using it (for now)

And, when are you going to share the project here?

here you go ! , ill post the files i used on thingiverse, which are the examples on the UNOJOY software that will convert the Arduino to a windows capable joystick, here’s some pictures of the majority done, still need to do the case but the potentiometers work perfectly!

PS. the majority of this was already made, i had to troubleshoot the software to make it work, ill be making a custom case so its on a 40* angle instead of vertical

Looks promising. How are you connecting the potentiometers? And why is there not a prop control?
Next, how about a joystick?

I don’t think you can share the software on thingverse- why don’t you post it on GitHub and open it to let others improve or modify it?

IMG_0981.JPG

SteveMann:
Looks promising. How are you connecting the potentiometers? And why is there not a prop control?
Next, how about a joystick?

I don't think you can share the software on thingverse- why don't you post it on GitHub and open it to let others improve or modify it?

cause im still testing,also the code is already out there,called unojoy ! its in the example folder

prop pitch will be in the future! would need to make another quadrant for prop pitch and flap but i would need a bigger controller,maybe a arduino mega

I Know this was a while back, but just buy a decent USB hub and get a ton of pro micros. Just be sure to change the USB ids on each of your codes so they do not conflict!