Flow sensor plroblems

We have several flow sensors in our application but are having problems with them. Every once and a while they will send a trigger signal or 3 or 4. There is no flow going thru them. Anyone else having the same problems

Sensor is a digiten do-s308t
Its a hall effect unit
It is kinda critical for our application to get a good reading.
We are using two in line and checking the values of each unit to verify the volume of liquid we moved.

You may want to check that brand name and type number as a quick Google search comes out completely empty.

How are they connected to Arduino? Can you post a wiring diagram AND your program?
HowToPost

rpmmillwright:
Every once and a while they will send a trigger signal or 3 or 4. There is no flow going thru them.

I submit there are two possibilities:

1. You are picking up spurious signals from the electronic environment - inadequate shielding

2. There is flow - spurious flow from the hydraulic environment.

A possible solution to both is to only read flow above a known minimum rate. I don't think using two meters in line would be very helpful. You are just as likely to magnify any error as decrease it.

Perhaps the rotator magnet is resting very close to the transistor and vibration is triggering the transistor.

Paul

We have come to the conclusion that these flow meters are wrong. We hooked up another one with 3/8 tube instead of 1/4… Even though the documentation says 23 pulses = 1.5 mililitre. For both devices when measured the volume is double with the bigger one.

I tried to Google the flow sensor you mentioned and found nothing relating to a flow sensor. Do you gave a data sheet/specs on the device? Did you get it from Amazon or Ebay? Have you tried a higher priced flow sensor?

Paul