Fluxgate sensor with Ethernet connection

Hi, I have a fluxgate magnetic sensor that outputs data through Ethernet cable.
I connected the sensor to my arduino uno with ethernet shield (https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-ethernet-shield-2) but the lights on both arduino and sensor ethernet ports don't light up and no data are transmitted.

The ethernet port lights turn on when the sensor and arduino are connected to PC directly.

Does anyone know how to establish connection between arduino and sensor via ethernet?

Does anyone know how to establish connection between arduino and sensor via ethernet?

Connect the two to a switch or hub!

Your PC probably has a feature called auto-MDI-X which detects that no switch/hub is in between and swaps some of the Ethernet wires automatically. Arduino Ethernet Shields and probably your sensor don't offer that feature so they need a device in between them.

Thank you for the response! I will try that and let you know how it goes.

I tried with a hub and switch. The lights are on now but I get

Green: solid, Orange: off

for both arduino and sensor sides and I couldn't establish connection with client.connect.

When the sensor is connected to my pc directly (when the connection is proper), I get

Green: solid, Orange: blinking for the sensor side and
Green: blinking, Orange: solid for the pc side.

Any idea what's going on?

mune33:
When the sensor is connected to my pc directly (when the connection is proper), I get

Green: solid, Orange: blinking for the sensor side and
Green: blinking, Orange: solid for the pc side.

The result is the same when the sensor is connected to my pc via hub.

Are the sensor and the Arduino configured to use fixed IP addresses? If they depend on DHCP you must connect them to a router that provide a DHCP service or to your PC that might also provide IP addresses by DHCP (I have no clue how you configured your PC).

Below is the setting of the ethernet adapter I use.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Seems to be some Windows stuff, no clue about that.

Post your Arduino code and post the sensor configuration you made (I guess that will tell us what it uses on the network)!