FM Radio Analog to Digital data?

I got a FM transmitter and planing to use it to transmit digital data thru audio jack and thru the FM radio and receiving it to a FM receiver and reading again thru audio jack..

As I know the Digital audio is transformed into analog and transmitted and received as analog and converted as digital again, will be that possible for digital data as well like integers..etc?

What FM transmitter are you using? Does it allow direct access to the phase modulator for digital data? Sending digital, 0 to 5 volt, through the audio channel will only result in clicking sounds being sent.

If you truly need to send data by audio, you need to convert that to real audio tones, and then decode the audio tones at the receiver, back to digital. Google "audio frequency shift keying" or "AFSK".

Paul

It's a simple FM Audio transmitter, it does not allow digital data, only audio input thru a audio jack, never heard of AFSK but i got an idea about how it's working, it reminds me or DialUP internet connection

Domino60: It's a simple FM Audio transmitter, it does not allow digital data, only audio input thru a audio jack, never heard of AFSK but i got an idea about how it's working, it reminds me or DialUP internet connection

Exactly the same, but only for 300 baud dialup. Beyond that multiple phase shifts on a single tone. Both encoding (modulating) and decoding (demodulating) got expensive and complicated.

Paul

So i think i will skip this idea, its too complicated for me to use it :D

Perhaps not as bad as you think…

you need a modem - a device which turns your 0’s and 1’s into audio tones to transmit,
and on reception of those tones turns them back into 0’s and 1’s - ie a modem.

look up ‘microModem’

regards

Allan.

Google CUTS or Kansas City Standard.

Old school cassette data.

The Arduino-based MicroModem is designed to do exactly what you want.

It can transmit and receive serial data at 1200 Baud, using audio frequency shift keying (AFSK, very similar to the Kansas City Standard), typically through handheld transceivers.

Thanks for the information, maybe in the future I will keep that in mind and use it in a future project, it's a good way to transmit data without being captured by other if they are just using a encryption method for the digital data and no one will know what you are sending :)

D.60

Are you trying to use one of those FM modulators for the car or something?

Are you trying to use one of those FM modulators for the car or something?

You mean the small FM car transmitters? yes kinda :smiley: