FM-Transmitter-Module for Arduino - example circuit?

Hallo

I found this little FM-Tranmitter module on ebay for very cheap and wonder how I can use it, where to find an example for this module.

There is no description with it, just that

(size: 2cm x 1cm).

Thanks.

frank

The module is designed to transmit voice signals picked up by the on board microphone to a nearby FM radio, and that is how you would use it.

Do you have any example code for it? Or a exact module name so I could find some in the net?

Example code for an analogue audio transmitter?

It is not for an Arduino. It has not a fixed steady frequency. It is not legal.

If I remember it correctly, then in Europe is a FM transmitter allowed, when the output power is maximum 50 nW. That is 50 nanoWatt. For a distance of 1 or 2 meters.

There are FM transmitters that can be controlled with an Arduino. For example the Adafruit Si4713 module. I don't know if it can be set to 50 nW.

OH! It is illegal.

But anyway, is there anybody who knows this little module? Knows any data of it and connection pins?

franc:
Knows any data of it and connection pins?

From what the others have already said, it doesn't have any: you tune a radio to its frrequency, talk into its little mic, and listen on the radio. It's probably meant for use in a baby monitor or something, although 1-2m is a bit short for that.

So that in the article desription it says "...Module For arduino" this is just a advertising trick, I guess?

They wrote "module for arduino" probably because that is used a lot. It could be an advertising trick.

Go here: http://www.drexprojects.com/modules.html
Scroll down to halfway in that page until you see your FM transmitter. There is a picture that shows which pins are + and - and a pin for the antenna. On some modules the pins on the right are labeled + and -.

It does not have a name, therefor I can't search for a schematic.

Most sellers say that it is for 2-9V. I think you can try it with 3 or 5V.

dimensions: 18mm×10mm×3mm
Operating voltage: DC 2v-12v
Operating Current: 10mA — 50mA
Output Power: 3dBm - 15dBm
Frequency regulation accuracy: <0.1MH
Reference distance: 100 meters of open ground, indoor environment 10-30 meters (3v voltage test)
Operating frequency: 85MHZ to 115MHZ
Frequency adjustment: adjustable capacitor
Output Impedance: 50 ohms
Scope: high sensitivity wireless microphone, wireless recording, wireless monitoring

85-115? That's interesting, since FM broadcast is 88-108 in the countries I know of.

wilfredmedlin:
85-115? That's interesting, since FM broadcast is 88-108 in the countries I know of.

Actually it differs by region. See:

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Actually it differs by region. See:
FM broadcast band - Wikipedia

Paul

Yes I had seen that, but nobody's in 85-87.5 and 108-115 as far as I could see, not that I was reading too carefully.

They wrote "module for arduino" probably because that is used a lot. It could be an advertising trick.

Absolutely, and it worked!

The OP bought one, thinking it could somehow be used with Arduino.

No great loss, as the cost is quite a bit less than a good cup of cappuccino.

Koepel:

Go here: http://www.drexprojects.com/modules.html...

Great! Thank a lot! That is the info I looked :slight_smile:

Yes, indeed now I am secure, that this "module for Arduino" is a pure selling trick :slight_smile:
Yes as well, the cost ist very low, but not as high as a good Cappuccino Cup, at least not in DE :wink:
These selling tricks from China I know more and more. Not only with "For Arduino", many other tricks as well.

Just had the time to test it, it indeed works!
Very difficult to set a frequency and nearly impossible to set exact a frequency but it works and with 9 volt it sucks 30 mA around. Send power enough to transfer some rooms in our flat.
Nice toy and very tiny :wink:

Again: nothing to do with Arduino, so now this seems the wrong forum :wink:

Thank!