Font Set for ADAFRUIT_GFX

bored and looking for a direction to go with my project today so i converted a bunch of fonts to work with adafruit graphics the attached file has 10 or so fonts in it in sizes from 4to12 …

fonts are
7LEDitalic.ttf
Buttons.ttf
CNFREE__.ttf
digital-7 (mono italic).ttf
digital-7.ttf
Type Keys Filled.ttf
7LED.ttf
CNFREEBD.ttf
digital-7 (italic).ttf
digital-7 (mono).ttf
OmnicSans.ttf
Type Keys.ttf

all fonts have varying levels of “FREE for your own use” liscense, but you should be able to google the fonts … i get most of mine from dafont.com becasue you can donate to the authors … which is kinda like buying it right?(haha)

fontheaders.zip (212 KB)

i just did this one… cyberdyne. Ya know from Terminator? the font from the company that made the terminator robots…

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?fpp=100&q=cyberdyne

cyberdynecon.h.zip (51.1 KB)

ok since i have never used a font before today here is some gotyas that no one mentioned

1: other than the detail to the font (which matters in some and not in others) haveing different size fonts is pointless becasue adafruit still resizes even your custom fonts, which i would have known this bit. my advice is either make the accurate size font and use it or the smallest point font and then adjust it with the scaler.

2: DO NOT USE NUMERICAL NAMES FOR THE FILES: becasue when you run font converter (if you do) it names the funtion the name of the font and you rprogram gets shotgun riddled with these errors;

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Linux), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

WARNING: Category 'Language' in library ArduinoStreaming is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library UIPEthernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
In file included from /home/tjohnson/sketchbook/Analog_320x240_1/Analog_320x240_1.ino:6:0:
Fonts.h:800: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
 const uint8_t 7LED4pt7bBitmaps[] PROGMEM = {
               ^
Fonts.h:833: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
 const GFXglyph 7LED4pt7bGlyphs[] PROGMEM = {
                ^
exit status 1
expected unqualified-id before numeric constant

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

3: even though you can blow a font up there is no current facility to do the reverse so if you upload a font thats too big .. lol... goto -> square 1. haha

1. if you blow up a pretty font it gets ugly ::: No anti alias capabilities...