Fonts for SSD1351?

Hi all.

I’m using an Adafruit 1431 128x128 OLED which is an SSD1351 display, so I’m using the corresponding libraries <Adafruit_SSD1351.h> and <Adafruit_GFX.h>.

My problem is that the smallest font I can find is too big. I’m using the included FreeSansBold9pt7b font, but I’d like something smaller.

I found a fun site called oleddisplay.squix.ch which generates code for a large selection of fonts and sizes for SSD1306, but I haven’t been able to make it work with my setup.

Is there anywhere I can find font code for more or less any font/size, or at least a nice selection slightly more extensive than what’s included in the Adafruit libraries?

If I hade oceans of time I might be able to construct a font file myself, I think I’ve gotten the hang of it, but I guess that’s more work than fun. :slight_smile:

I suggest that you experiment with the SQUIX site e.g.

Font = Dialog
Style = Plain
Size = 8
Library = Adafruit GFX

Create a fresh TAB for each font you create e.g. Dialog_plain_8.h

Then

#include "Dialog_plain_8.h"
    oled.setFont(&Dialog_plain_8);
    oled.print"Hello World\nNext Line");

Personally, I think that the Dialog_plain_8.h font uses too big a gap between lines.

What is wrong with the default 7x5 font? It looks good in x1 and not bad in x2.

The SQUIX site shows a "nicely rendered" font which is readable in small sizes on your PC screen. In practice small sizes will not look so good on your OLED The 7x5 is pretty good for small screens.

oled.setFont(NULL);   //only need this if you change from a GFX font
    oled.print"Hello default 7x5\nNext Line");

David.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I found my problem: I had mistakenly selected library version ">=3.0.0" instead of "Adafruit GFX Font". :) After correcting that, everything worked just fine. I found a font I like, so now my project will look beautiful. Thanks again.