for 8 motors: motor shield by 3.3 V & 5V pwm control ?

hey, for my all over 8 encoder motors I'm looking for a motor shield providing pwm control compatibel for both 5V and 3.3V signal levels.

The shield should be designed to stick to a Uno pin layout to use it both by my current Uno, my Due and additionally for the announced Tre.

The motors are 12V and 3A up to 10A (when stalling).

tito-t: for my all over 8 encoder motors

Post a link to the data sheet for the motors.

I don't see how an Uno would have enough I/O pins for 8 encoder motors.

...R

the motors are DC motors of different kinds, but the individual kind is not of interest and doesn't matter. The H-Bridges I'm currently using are L293/L298 pin compatible but much more powerful.

Currently I'm using on a Mega: enable-pwm pins (8 Dpins) 2-13 in1/2 pins (16 Dpins) 24-50

IRQ encoder pins (16 Dpins) rest of 24-50

this is all working fine with my 5V Mega board, but for the Due the H-bridges don't work because of 3.3V signal level.

Over and above that, prospectively probably on Tre then indeed there are too few 5V pins left for real-time encoder readings at all (200µs timer-IRQs), and the rest is 3.3V anyway.

So a 3.3V / 5V motor shield (or an external board if not stackable) providing more motor-control-pins by a bus system (e.g., CAN-Bus or I2C) would be appreciated.

The 16 encoder pins can be polled partially independendly from the motor output control pins directly by the Arduino pin headers, if in need, maybe even using analog pins additionally.

tito-t: the motors are DC motors of different kinds, but the individual kind is not of interest and doesn't matter.

If they all have the same control interface the fact that you are using different kinds won't matter. But it would help people to help you if you provide details for at least one of them.

I won't pretend to know a lot about Arduinos and DC motors but I suspect you will have difficulty finding a single product to meet your need.

...R

not the DC motors are the problem or the encoders, but the pwm control and the maximum current of the shield or the motor H-bridges!

a shield similar to what I'm looking for is e.g. http://www.adafruit.com/products/1438 (drives 4 DC motors each, but stackable)

It's working by i2C, but it provides just L293 drivers (0.6 - 3 A) which is not strong enough.

tito-t: not the DC motors are the problem or the encoders

You're the boss ...

...R

just as I asked my question in the TOP:

for my all over 8 encoder motors I’m looking for a motor shield (edit: or an external H-bridge board) providing pwm control compatibel for both 5V and 3.3V signal levels.

The shield should be designed to stick to a Uno pin layout to use it both by my current Uno, my Due and additionally for the announced Tre.

The motors are 12V and 3A up to 10A (when stalling).

the only issue about encoders is:
besides 8x pwm motor control there must be still 16 pins left for encoder polling by timer IRQs !