I'm trying to make some changes to a library but none of the changes I make have any effect.
I've edited (and deliberately broken a function I use) the file UIPClient.cpp from within the UIPEthernet library (~/Documents/Arduino/libraries/UIPEthernet/UIPClient.cpp) but my sketch still compiles fine.
Before trying this I had made some changes to timeouts, but these had no affect, which was what lead me to trying to see if my changes did anything at all. They appear not to make it into what's sent to the board.
I think it's because the library is already compiled and the IDE is just using the existing cache.
I'm on a Mac by the way, which I'm not as proficient with in terms of the file system (vs Windows), which isn't helping!
Things I've tried...
- Looked for .o files to delete in the library, but can't see any.
- Deleted temp files in /var/folders/67/ which was where AVR Dude said the files were when I enabled verbose logging
- Switching boards between one and another
I'm sure I'm missing something silly, but I'm a bit stuck!