Forever compile and uploads

I’m using a arduino mega with a touchshield slide. I was able, after many tries to get the random shapes example loaded to the slide but the compile and load took almost 6 minutes each (to compile, then upload the arduino and the slide. I changed the Com 6 port to COM2 but I can undersand why it still takes so long for each action.

I have been tying to upload a bmp picutre to the slide but keep getting errors after 8 minutes such as:

[echo] Building TouchShield Slide libraries...
     [echo] Building TouchShield Slide board target...
     [echo] Building sketch_jul26a for the TouchShield Slide core...
     [exec] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6914629983784503327.tmp/targets/body/lib\libhw.a(startup.o): In function `runSketch':
     [exec] C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-55E5F9E3D2\My Documents\Pierre\liquidware\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\board/startup.cpp:145: undefined reference to `setup'
     [exec] C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-55E5F9E3D2\My Documents\Pierre\liquidware\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\board/startup.cpp:149: undefined reference to `loop'

BUILD FAILED
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-55E5F9E3D2\My Documents\Pierre\liquidware\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\build.xml:136: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-55E5F9E3D2\My Documents\Pierre\liquidware\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\template\build.xml:154: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-55E5F9E3D2\My Documents\Pierre\liquidware\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\config\build.ccmacros.xml:45: exec returned: 1

Total time: 5 minutes 17 seconds

When I try to transfer the picture through the upload sketch option it tells me 'no one out there" or something like that.
any suggestions?