Forum appearance on iPad since iOS 10 upgrade

Hi,

I encountered several issues after upgrading my iPad to iOS10:

1. In safari and chrome: The editing buttons, like codetags, links etc. are not present anymore, even after pressing "preview".
  2. Only in chrome: The appearance of the forum header section is at least tripled, sometimes quadrupled and the overall appearance looks different compared to iOS9. Seems to be a problem of chrome not being fully compatible with iOS10 or the way the forum format is set. I have informed Google about this problem.

But issue 1. is a bit different and might only be linked to iOS10 - or do users with Android based tablets have the same issue?

I have the same problem. Also mentioned in thread "Profile page broken." In this forum.

Weedpharma

I'm having iOS 10 problems with other apps too. I suspect 10.1 will be ready in a day or 2.

Now my iPad Safari display has gone mad.

Forum index page has lots of white space and, all pages header is multiple lines.

Weedpharma

Aren't these complaints that should be made on an Apple Forum?

...R

I have already reported those issues to the apple guys, but I wanted to make sure that I am not the only one - and it is not related to my device alone due to a hardware or whatever problem.

Not sure this is just an apple pb; the forum was looking OK in safari OS X and then suddenly this giant blank think a the top appeared... so something has changed in what the forum generates... anyone messing around with CSS??

J-M-L:
... anyone messing around with CSS??

I have not noticed anything using Firefox on Linux.

However I have a suspicion that someone is always messing about without asking us (the customers) whether we want anything changed.

...R

Robin2:
I have not noticed anything using Firefox on Linux.

However I have a suspicion that someone is always messing about without asking us (the customers) whether we want anything changed.

…R

well that’s kinda my point… Given that the look & feel changed overnight without me changing version of Safari further than the Sierra upgrade — and given it was working fine with Sierra before - I do believe that means the HTML/CSS data we get now changed and broke something.

when I go to the forum main page it does generate many warnings now.

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: #permissions (responsive.css, line 161)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: #adm_submenus (responsive.css, line 371)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 99)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 118)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 128)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 768)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 1837)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 1906)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 3014)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (foundation2.css, line 3583)
[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: thead (foundation2.css, line 4484)
[Log] 2 (alerts.js, line 115)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) (cron.php, line 0)

I think the issue though is in the CSS and particularly in the part after

<body id="safari" class="action_messageindex board_4" style="padding-top: 40px;"> and there is clearly a script I don’t get on older version of Safari that is doing something specifically for the Mac.

<script>
  var userAgent = (navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera).toLowerCase();
  if([color=red]userAgent.indexOf('mac')>[/color]0){
    $("head").append('<style type="text/css">@-moz-document url-prefix() {h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h1 a:hover, h2 a:hover, th a, th a:hover, h3 a:hover, h4 a:hover, h5 a:hover, #wikitext h2 a:hover, #wikitext h3 a:hover, #wikitext h4 a:hover {padding-bottom: 0.5em!important;} #pageheader .search input{font-family: "TyponineSans Regular 18";} #pagefooter .monospace{margin-top: -4px;} #navWrapper ul.left &gt; li{margin-top: -2px; padding-bottom: 2px;}#navWrapper ul.right &gt; li{margin-top: -5px; padding-bottom: 5px;}#navWrapper ul.right &gt; li ul{margin-top: 4px;} .slider-container .fixed-caption p{padding:8px 0 14px 0}}</style>');
  }
</script>

So while there might be an issue on the Apple side, given the look and feel changed overnight without me changing the client side, I feel that there is an amateur web designer there modifying CSS without testing on all platforms… that’s really bad practice…

Seems it's now working again on my Mac!

thanks to whoever modified something!

The problem still shows itself on my Mac (10.11.6) using Safari. Chrome appears fine. This seems to be the opposite of what others reported.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 8.43.10 AM.png

upgrade to Sierra if you can :slight_smile:

Thank you for the suggestion J-M-L. Works fine now.

This is using an older iPad without latest upgrades. The page layout is normal but the editor still missing icons and Quote deos not work.

Weedpharma

Yes that is still a pb - I'm on a very recent iPad Pro with a large screen at the moment an no luck for the icons...

The point above is on Mac with OS X not iOS

My iPad Pro is on iOS 10 and the site appearance is ok when using Safari. Chrome produces similar problem like the screen posted on reply #10.

On my desktop (still on Yosemite as it works smoothless with Arduino IDE and all my clones) no issues - neither with Chrome nor Safari.

This is my new iPad with latest OS. When I come back after a time and return to,the tab, I get the display problem. If I reload from saved link in Favourites, it is all good until the iPad sleeps and I reopen the tab.

Weedpharma