Forum (Is this all there is, is there nothing more?)

It all seems to have gone quite quiet on the forum update front and after a week I was hoping someone could give some form of estimate of if/when post notifications is likely to be working.

I'm getting sick of having to trawl through new posts (that also still don't flag up properly) looking for threads I have commented on and have had a reply.

I posted a list of known outstanding issues on another thread in the hope someone in the know would reply but as usual, nothing. So far the only thing going for this new forum compared to the old one is the colour scheme.

Hi Riva,

Some notifications are working other are not. Most of the time is due to the change of some settings please try to check your settings going here:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;sa=alerts
And turn on "straight away" notifications.

We know some notifications are not working completely and going to solve them this week.

Thanks for the feedback, I had 'Straight away but only for first post' that I have now changed to 'Straight away'.
It's also nice to know there are still problems and they are being looked at. I was beginning to think the current state of the forum would be 'as good as it gets'.

Thanks mastrolinux

Thanks for the feedback, I had 'Straight away but only for first post' that I have now changed to 'Straight away'.

I stumbled upon that fix just a few minutes ago. I guess the terms are being interpreted differently by those who create them and those who try to use them.

Don

mastrolinux:
Some notifications are working other are not. Most of the time is due to the change of some settings please try to check your settings going here:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;sa=alerts
And turn on “straight away” notifications.

Well after setting this and giving it a day to settle I can confirm it does not really work. For an entire 16 hour period off the site clicking the unread posts link says there was about 5 unread posts, none of which I had participated in, yet I have had at least 2x posts I replied to not flagged up.

I looked at my notification settings, and turned on the topic notification and also quoted notification.

However I started to get "quoted" notifications to old postings in one thread and no others, and no new notifications to threads where I can definitely see that there are replies.

So I suspect that the system still has serious issues.

I've had "straight away" since day one, not one notification.

Rob

Same here.

The fix I mentioned in reply #3 only 'fixed' the box that now says "Receive Emails and Alerts", I still don't actually receive them.

Don

Update on this one soon: Notifications not being received · Issue #83 · arduino/forum-issues · GitHub

Good to know this is more then just me.

The subject header here could use a more relevant title.

It appears to be working now. I just got several Email notifications for the first time since the forum was 'improved'.

Edit: Well it is almost working. One of the notifications was for my own post. I'll probably get another one for this update.

Don